Congratulations on an excellent choice: this watch was made for you in Glashütte from the best materials and with a wealth of knowledge about watches gathered over more than 160 years and a touch of high-tech (where it is better than handicraft). The town is known worldwide as a center of fine watchmaking. We give the following guarantee for all our work—and in any other case, promise to help as quickly and generously as possible.
Here’s what’s usually in the small print:
1. NOMOS Glashütte/SA Roland Schwertner KG (short: NOMOS) guarantees every person who has purchased a watch manufactured by NOMOS from an authorized NOMOS dealer (the Customer) that this watch will be free from defects in material or workmanship for two years from date of purchase subject to the following conditions. In the unlikely event of such an error occurring within this period, NOMOS will remedy this at no cost to the customer by repairing or—if a repair is not possible—provide the customer with a new watch.
2. In addition, NOMOS guarantees all service or repair work carried out by NOMOS for two years. The period begins with the return of the watch to the Customer.
3. Excluded from the warranty are wear and tear, especially on the leather straps. Claims under this warranty are also invalid if the watch has defects or damage caused by improper use or when the watch shows indications of external influence or intervention by unauthorized persons, for example improper repair.
I. Warranty claims
Anyone wishing to avail themselves of this warranty must give the watch to the dealer from whom they bought it, including the original invoice and a completed warranty book. After consultation with NOMOS, the watch can also be sent directly to NOMOS Glashütte at the following address:
NOMOS Glashütte/SA Roland Schwertner KG
NOMOS will cover the cost of sending and returning the watch if NOMOS detects a fault covered by this warranty. If the customer sends the watch in, the customer bears all risks associated with the shipment, in particular loss or damage to the watch during shipping.
II. Applicable law
1. This warranty is subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
2. The customer’s legal rights in respect of a fault in the watch will not be affected by this guarantee.
As of November 2013